Thursday, January 8, 2009

Plowing

Dear Dad,
Thought you'd like to know that your little girl is driving around in a big green truck with a plow on the front. Being as how I'm year-round at the park now, kinda need to be able to clear snow off the entrance road and out of the parking lots. Today was my second go-round with plowing. Didn't do too badly, if I do say so myself. Hit a minimum of immovable objects (I only clipped two boulder guards, yay me!) and moved lots of snow. I even remembered what you told me about lifting the plow blade and pushing the snowbanks over. Not bad, considering all I got for instruction on the job was "this toggle moves the plow blade around. Have fun." I had to plow out Wolfe's Neck last month, got a compliment from the maintenance coordinator for our area on my work there. I learned from you, I guess, listening to you critique every plow that we saw and riding around with you when you were plowing for Ritch's tenants. Thanks for being such a good teacher, even if neither one of us realized it at the time. I mean, it's been ten years since that one lesson you gave me, but I still remembered you telling me what to do, like you were sitting in the cab of the truck with me talking me through it.

Well, just thought you'd like to hear what new skill I picked up this month.
Love you.
Tami

No comments:

Post a Comment